Administration, Staff and Faculty personnel are evaluated by their supervisors on an annual basis. Administration and Staff must use the form labeled “Employee Evaluation – Form”. Faculty must use the form labeled “Faculty Evaluation – Form”. Below, you will find all the instructions needed to complete the forms.
The Evaluation form is a fill-in-the-blank evaluation that you may fill out on your computer or print and fill out. If you have direct reports, you must complete an evaluation on each of them. If you “split” an employee with another supervisor, you both should have input in the evaluation and one of you must take ownership of the process. See HR for assistance.
Evaluations must be completed on all full-time faculty that have been hired by January 1 of this year. The evaluation period is from May 16 – May 15 (or current Academic Year – whichever is more appropriate). Return the signed, original form to the Human Resource office and distribute a copy to the employee. Evaluations are due to HR by May 15.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the OTC Faculty Performance Evaluation.
Evaluations must be completed on all full-time employees that have been hired by October 1 of the previous year. The evaluation period is for the preceding calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31).
All supervisors should adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Ask for a completed self-evaluation to be turned in prior to your evaluation meeting.
2. Provide comments or the evaluation form for any of the following ratings:
- (1) Unacceptable / Unsatisfactory
- (2) Needs Improvement
- (5) Superior
- (D) Does not meet expectations
3. Return the signed, original form to the Human Resource office and distribute a copy to the employee. Evaluations are due to HR by March 1.
4. Contact your supervisor for assistance. If they are unable to answer your questions, contact Human Resources.